Nothing works this week and I’m not really sure why. Of course, it’s easy to go and ask someone but I’d like to understand myself; otherwise, what’s the point…
My idea for the homework was to collect data from people: I wanted to have a list of the strangest words they’ve ever heard or had to pronounce. Here’s the list.
Then I wanted to place them randomly on the canvas by taking data from Google forms. That of course didn’t work even though I followed the example. I kept seeing the data in the console but also kept getting the error:
13179: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'appendChild' of null
Apparently something doesn’t match up with tabletop.js file and doesn’t let to see data on the page, but I’m not sure what.
Obviously I gave up and loaded the data by creating a .csv file:
I still want to be able to load words from the Google form, so I’ll have to work on it more.
- Making the Google form work.
- Making words to appear as links (I hope it’s possible to do it in the .js file as I’m not really enjoying html)
- When clicking on the words, making them do two things:
- give the definition of the word (I tried doing it with Wordnik but it didn’t work; so Wordnik or Google);
- show the Google image (I actually got that)
- Showing words randomly: how do I make them not overlapping one another?
- Showing words as links
- Wordnik or Google API for word definition search
- Google image: how to make after showing 3 to make a new line?
- Google image2: how to make the previous search disappear once I enter the new query?